@frenz.com and @frenzmail.net email
@frenzmail.net names are given out on a first come first served basis. we ask that you adhere to just a few simple rules:
- no profane or vulgar names will be given.
- @frenz.com and @frenzmail.net addresses are not to be used to send spam or any kind of unsolicited or bulk email
- to keep this domain unique and to try to create a real "brand," we do ask that all users of frenzmail be a fan of Split Enz, Crowded House, Neil Finn, Tim Finn, or any related musician, band, or project. no, we will not test your fandom. :)
we reserve the right to help you change your username or to terminate service.
you have two options for your frenzmail account. option #1 is to sign up for free web-based email, like yahoo or hotmail offers. the web-based email option has a lot of great features, such as saving mails you're writing as drafts, attaching files, using filters, address book, notifying you at another email address when you have mail in this account, and 6MB of space. and unlike yahoo, hotmail, or other services, your @frenzmail.net address expresses your fandom. :)
this service is provided free to frenz.com and free to you by everyone.net. please note that in order to pay for this, everyone.net runs banner ads. we can rotate in our own banner ads, but we can't make them all go away nor can we choose what kind of ads we want or don't want. frenz.com does not make any money or commissions or points from these ads. we hope you will be able to enjoy the service and not let the advertising get you down. :) click here to visit http://www.frenzmail.net and sign up for an @frenzmail.net address.
option #2 is forwarding, which means all email going to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org automatically gets dumped into your real email account, whether that's AOL, yahoo, mindspring, what you use at work, or anything else. any valid email address will do, and please note that all new forwarding addresses will be @frenzmail.net. if you just want email forwarding, all you have to do is fill out the following form (items that are bold and red are required):
- if you plan to use your @frenz.com or @frenzmail.net address for subscribing and especially posting to mailing lists, you may want to choose the web-based email option. our mailing list sometimes rejects posts when the user is using a forwarded address because it can't exactly match the "from" field with the real address the email comes from.
- we would like to phase out as many @frenz.com forwarding addresses as we can, so if you feel you have not used it much and can make the switch, please do.
this section will tell you how to set up different mail accounts to work with your @frenzmail.net account.
Yahoo! mail users
- If you would like your outgoing Yahoo! mail to look like it comes from your email@example.com address,
- Log into your Yahoo! mail account.
- Click on "options." Then click on "mail preferences."
- Put your firstname.lastname@example.org address in the input box next to "Reply-To."
- Hit "save" and you're done! All of your Yahoo! mail from that account will show that people are replying to the frenzmail address. Anyone who hits "reply" to one of your mails will be sending to your frenzmail address.
- If you are using frenzmail for web-based email and would like all mail to your Yahoo! account to be forwarded to your frenzmail account/interface,
- Log into your Yahoo! mail account.
- Click on "options." Then click on "POP Access & Forwarding."
- Choose the "yes" radio button under the signup. Notice that whatever junk Yahoo! is sending you now they plan to forward too, so you may want to take that opportunity to uncheck some of those boxes... unless you don't mind the offers and stuff they've sent.
- Click "finished" and watch your frenzmail. Yahoo! sends an email there with a special code that you have to use to confirm this process. That means you will need to go back into your Yahoo! account later to put in that code and finish all of this.
- If you would like your outgoing Hotmail to look like it comes from your email@example.com address,
- Log into your Hotmail account.
- Click on "options." Then click on "preferences."
- Put your firstname.lastname@example.org address in the input box next to "Reply-To." This is near the bottom of the page so you may have to scroll down to find this option.
- Hit "OK" and you're done! All of your mail from that account will show that people are replying to the frenzmail address. Anyone who hits "reply" to one of your mails will be sending to your frenzmail address.
- If you are using frenzmail for web-based email and would like all mail to your Hotmail account to be forwarded to your frenzmail account/interface,
- This currently isn't available to Hotmail users. If anyone notices that Hotmail has set up a forwarding option, please let us know so we can put the "how to" here.